Monday, November 29, 2010

"Upcycled" mini album


Ever hear a new term and realize you have been doing it all along? That has happened to me recently. The new buzz word in crafting is "upcycle." From what I can tell it means taking something that you would normally put in the recycle bin and using it to make something more valuable. That's my specialty!


The item you see here is a 6x6 mini album. I used scrapbook paper, stickers, ink, and my upcycled material, cereal boxes! I am always torn between tossing boxes or containers and keeping them to make new things. This time it worked out really well. Instead of purchasing chipboard, I cut out 6x6 squares from the fronts and backs of cereal boxes. These little albums are great for gifts or to keep in your purse for brag books. To top it off, they are good for the environment!







2 comments: