Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Weekend Warriors Roar!!!

Well maybe not roar, but at least a little growl. This weekend I refinished an old dresser.  I painted it black because I like black furniture and it happened to be the color I had laying around. Here is a before picture.

Before: Sad Brown Dresser
This dresser was in my sister-in-law's back room, on the way to a garage sale or Craigslist. I very lightly sanded it and added three coats of chalkboard paint. Again, I was just using what we had under the kitchen cabinet.
After: Sexy Black Dresser
I could have changed out the hardware like in the dresser I did before, but I thought this made it look old and like it's supposed to look this way. So I am keeping it like this. I could have swept up the scraps of paper off the floor before taking the picture, but then I wouldn't have been able to work the topic of scrapbooking into this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment