Saturday, August 20, 2011

Birthday Card for Granny


This weekend my husband's grandmother is having a birthday. I made her a card that doubles as a mini album. I used one of my favorite mediums, a cereal box. It's very simple. I just cut two 10 by 5 rectangles from the box and fold each in half. Then, I set them up at a zig zag and stapled them together.


After that I just added paper, mats, photos, and embellishments that I cut from scrapbooking paper. I inked the mats and paper with blue ink to match my "cool pool" color scheme.


My favorite thing about this card/album is that either side when closed can be seen as the front. So you are looking at the beginning no matter which way its turned.


The pictures were taken a week ago at this same grandmother's pool. So she not only gets a cute birthday card, but memories from the time she got to spend with her great grandson's this summer!


2 comments:

  1. Awesome card....Grandma is going to love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nikki! Just stopping by to invite you over to the NEW Arkansas Women Bloggers website. Hope you'll come over and check it out. Be sure to go to the Join Us! page and re-link your blog.

    http://arkansaswomenbloggers.com/

    Cheers,
    Fawn from ARWB

    ReplyDelete